All children are expected to be dressed smartly in uniform each day.
The Department for Education (DfE) states:
Parents should not have to think about the cost of a school uniform when choosing which school(s) to apply for. Therefore, schools need to ensure that their uniform is affordable.
In taking this into account, at Oakfield we seek to keep the use of branded items to a minimum. Most uniform items can be purchased from any supplier. In addition, we have a stock of second-hand uniform supplies.
Our requirements are as follows:
- White collared shirt (long or short sleeve)
- Blue & red stripe tie*
- Navy V neck Jumper with Oakfield logo*
- Grey trousers or skirt
- Plain grey or black socks or tights
- Black shoes (no trainers or heels)
- Grey shorts or pale blue gingham style summer dress may be worn during the summer term and from September until October half-term
- Navy collared polo shirt with Oakfield logo*
- Red shorts*
- Plain navy Jogging / tracksuit bottoms
- Plain navy sweatshirt style top Or Navy PE Sweatshirt with Oakfield Logo* (optional)
- Sports socks
Uniform branded items
Our branded items (Marked * above) are:
- Oakfield tie
- Oakfield V neck Jumper
- Oakfield polo shirt for PE
- Oakfield PE sweatshirt (optional)
These items are available from our uniform suppliers –Fetcham Kit Shop and M&S Your School Uniform
All other items can be purchased from any school uniform supplier
Please take the time to ensure all clothing is clearly named, as well as coats, bags, drinks bottles etc.
Purchasing School Uniform
We currently have two suppliers of our branded uniform. The Kit Shop is a local supplier, whilst Marks and Spencer items can be ordered on line or by phone. Both offer quality school uniform and both donate a percentage of sales to the school funds. The choice of supplier is down to the parents. Please note that the Oakfield logo V neck school jumper is only available from the KitShop.
The Kitshop, Fetcham
Marks and Spencer your school uniform initiative
- Orders can be made via website – mandsyourschooluniform.com
- You can link to their website here: Marks and Spencer Your School Uniform
- Alternatively, orders can be made by phone: 0333 014 8418 (9am-8pm Mon-Fri, 9am-4pm Sat)
- For order queries you can speak to the Contact Centre team on 0333 014 8418 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Second hand Uniform
If you require any second-hand uniform please enquire at the school office.
The Friends of Oakfield regularly hold second-hand uniform sales.
Please take the time to ensure all clothing is clearly named,
as well as coats, bags, drinks bottles etc.
Stickins Clothing Labels
- Stikins name labels are designed to be a truly multipurpose name labelling solution.
- One pack of our stick on name labels can label pretty much everything and anything so you don't have to buy different labelling products for different items.
- Label all of your children's school uniform with one pack of stick on name labels - no sewing and no ironing required. Stikins safely and securely label school uniform in minutes, saving you time for more important thing.
- Contact 01270668076
- Click on this link to access the Stickins website: http://www.stikins.co.uk/
- Please quote 14736 and the school will receive a percentage of the sales.
In addition to being smartly dressed in uniform, there are some important guidelines in relation to your child's appearance:
No jewellery should be worn in school. Ideally, no earrings should be worn as these pose a health and safety risk. Children may wear small, plain silver or gold studs at their own risk. These need to be removed for all PE, swimming etc, and cannot be covered in tape. If you plan to have your child's ears pierced, please do this at the start of the summer holidays, so the studs can be removed for PE from September.
No nail polish or make-up should be worn in school. Long hair must be tied back every day with plain navy hair bands. Please avoid hair patterns, beads, braids, hair colourings, hair bows, and any coloured, patterned or sparkly hair accessories.